- Learned that at 568 pages in hardcover, Paul Kelly’s How to Make Gravy is not an appropriate sized book to read in the bath.
- Played so much Commander Keen that my right wrist started to make a clicking noise, which goes nicely with the buggered joints in my thumbs from the excessive amount of Nintendo I played as a child.
- Wrapped a small plastic pig in tin foil so he looked like an astronaut.
- Rearranged my bedroom and decided that packing it up was too hard and I am therefore never moving out of that room. Ever.
- Remembered my Neopets password from 2001.
- Became a multi-millionaire on Neopets.
- Rewatched every episode of Black Books.
- Rewatched every episode of Father Ted.
- Didn’t rewatch every episode of 30 Rock, but watched enough to develop an odd and unexpected crush on Alec Baldwin. His eyes are, like, really blue 'n' that.
- Realised I needed to go outside more.
- Went outside and got sunburnt.
- Went back inside and acknowledged that I should have known better than to go outside.
- Tried to justify the amount of books I was buying online by reading each and every one of them - only 6 to go, y'all!
- Started work at 6am for five days in a row and learned about the effects of sleep depravation. Was also verbally abused by a regular customer for playing Whitesnake at 7:30 in the morning. I believe that Whitesnake is good at any hour. He doesn't agree.
- Broke my new years resolution to not type my Facebook password when trying to sign into Blogger.
- Went to the Boxing Day sales for the first and hopefully last time.
- Became worryingly good at Tetris.
- Realised my Mr Potato Head obsession was out of control when my co-workers made me this:
- Learned that if you put a single chicken wing in the microwave for more than 20 seconds it will explode all over your microwave.
- Cleaned the microwave.
Friday, February 18, 2011
And that's why it was the best summer ever
I’m a full time student, which means I do less than twenty hours of class each week and get three months off over summer. God bless you, Australian edu-ma-cation system. Anyhoo, sadly, my three months has come to an end and I’m back into my gruelling study schedule next week. So come with me as we take a moment to look back at some of the things I did this summer...