Thursday, May 19, 2011

EUROTRIP 2011! Things I learned in London

I learned…







…what Fosters tastes like. London pubs have Fosters on tap. Australian pubs don’t have Fosters at all. Sorry if I blew your minds with that, international readers (eg. that one person in Guatemala).
…I’m the kind of person who laughs at this:
…celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal will charge you a butt load of money for this, and you will pay it because it’s meat that looks like fruit and you’re convinced he must be some kind of crazy wizard.
…the people who run the London Eye have something against obsessive compulsive folk. There's one red capsule. One. I took countless photos of this from a ridiculous amount of angles and was convinced for a while that I’d never be able to sleep again knowing it was there. Bastards.
…it’s 11:57. …some people will name their business without properly thinking it through.
…you shouldn’t buy a drink just because it has a picture of an old-timey robot on it and you are someone who loves old-timey robots. I drank freakin yogurt.
…sometimes in life, you will be faced with near impossible choices……but if you follow your heart, you’ll be happy with the choice you made…
…and I mean really, properly, ecstatically happy.
...and finally: this is, and forever will be, the best money I've ever spent.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, you're tardis picture rocks, as does that fruit-meat :D

Ben Carroll said...

What?! I though we only had Fosters on tap to keep all the Aussie bar staff from getting homesick and deserting us. I have have a feeling we (the UK) have been duped.

Lauren Brown said...

Yeah we just make the stuff, we don't drink it. Then we sell it overseas on the Aussie novelty factor. Please don't tell anyone, we enjoy the income.

And thanks Julia!

Sharon Welgus said...

I'm jealous of the Tardis photo. I have a mini tardis that makes the Tardis noise when you press the button on top.

Lauren Brown said...

Haha nice! Mine's similar to that, but the button's on the bottom and the little light on top comes on when it makes the noises. I will never stop loving it. NEVER!

Mad-Molly-The-Grim said...

0_0 DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!