Friday, July 29, 2011

Back to school

This week marked my second week back in the classroom after that whole ditching-school-to-run-away-to-the-other-side-of-the-world-for-a-bit incident from earlier in the year. I went back with the best of intentions. This time it was going to be different. This time I was actually going to get my homework done. I was going to be a good little writing student and work on my novel every day.

So far, we have seen no evidence of this.

Wednesday afternoon I got home from work and decided I was going to do some writing. Here’s how the afternoon/evening unfolded:
2:00 – Turn computer on, check email and log in to Facebook.
3:00 – Still on Facebook.
4:00 – Facebook.
5:00 – Decide it’s time for a Youtube break.
6:00 – More Youtube.
7:00 – Stop for dinner, then a quick shower, then back to Facebook.
8:00 – See a picture of Dr Phil without a moustache, need some time to recover.
9:00 – It is now officially past my bed time. Writing will have to wait until tomorrow. Go to bed.

Thursday – Class, then Facebook.

However, I have chosen not accept responsibility for this - as that would involve a level of maturity that I do not yet possess - and tell anyone who asks that I’m a victim of the times. Back in the day, university students had to use their imaginations to procrastinate. Now we have the internet and all the joy and magic that comes with it. Not to mention the short attention span. I was so distracted yesterday afternoon that after using the Nutella, instead of putting the jar back in the cupboard, I attempted to place it in the dishwasher.

It’s ok though, I’m going to get some work done this weekend. But I’m also a little bit over that novel I’m reading, so I should buckle down and get it finished so I can move on to another book. You know, my room’s pretty messy too, I need to have a massive cleanout. Oh yeah, and those DVDs I borrowed from my brother, I should probably watch those so I can return them. What? It’s Monday again? Brilliant.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ah, the Internet. The bane all creative thought. Look! A seal puppy!

[img]http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/65/cute_puppies_T3510.jpg[/img]